St. Patrick’s Day Photo Fun
You don’t need “The Luck of the Irish” to take some St. Patricks Day photos and make them spectacular. All you need are some cute little subjects (which you’ve already got) and a few inexpensive props (that you can easily and inexpensively obtain at your local party store.) Couple those with a bright sunny day and, possibly, a field of grass or clovers, and you’ll have the perfect equation for some high quality, memory-made prints of your wee lads and lassies.
Here are some ideas for some creative St. Paddy’s portrait keepsakes:
- Balloons: A simple bunch of green balloons is a unique way to draw attention to the picture. Sometimes one big green balloon will add a little bit of uniqueness to your photo, too. Against a stunning blue sky, on a bright sunny day, you are bound to create a setting that everyone will dote on.
- Hats: Local party supply stores have a lot of different styles; Derby hats, green glittery top hats, a striped stove hat, or a charming plaid Gatsby style topper. Add one of these hats to your baby, toddler, or older child’s precious little head, and you will definitely capture a fun mood in your shot.
- Green Feather Boa: This fun prop can be wrapped around your sleeping baby or wrapped around your diaper clad infant or toddler. It adds texture and color, all-the-while capturing that winning photo.
While adding props to your portrait scene can really make your prints interesting and entertaining, there are a few things to remember and do that will make a good picture, a phenomenal picture.
- Lay the kids down, with their heads touching, and shoot from above. This perspective is fun!
- Follow the “rule of thirds” by place your subjects on one of the imaginary lines that make up three vertical and horizontal columns/rows. This rule produces an image that is very aesthetically pleasing.
- Seek motion in your picture by letting your subjects move freely while you shoot. Sometimes this type of photography will produce that accidental image that you will treasure always.
“May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light,
May good luck pursue you each morning and night.”
Do you know your baby's birth stone? Birth Flower? How about when you'll be handing over the car keys? Check out our popular Fun Birthday Facts Calculator to discover fun trivia about your baby's birth or due date!